A Remote Possibility

      Here’s a case that didn’t involve any crime at all.  Well...except for the common misdemeanor known as stupidity. 
      I was at the mall directing my technician to buy some virtual exclamation points when I noticed a set of keys that someone had lost.  This was a standard key case with a bunch of keys for house, office, mailbox, and a car key with one of those automatic car door openers on it.  There was there was no identification tag nor any other way to locate the owner of the keys.  Even I with instant data access could not tell what kind of car they went with. 
      Now I could have simply told the technician to take the keys to the lost and found and be done with it.
      But you know me...when I hit upon a brilliantly obvious solution, I cannot resist. 
      So I found my own unique way to return the lost keys. 
      What did I do?


Nano Solution_____________________________________________

      “You stood at the top of the stairs and shouted at the top of your lungs...”
      “The obvious is never about shouting, my young friend.  It is a quiet pursuit.  No, I simply had my technician walk around the parking lot trying the automatic door opener in all directions until he heard a car door unlock.  Then he waited for the owner to show up and shower me with gratitude.”

No comments:

Post a Comment