Even Steven


      My reputation for brilliant insight, as you can see, has gotten me into some pretty peculiar situations.  I was once even consulted by a gang of thieves to help them solve a dilemma.
      The Burgle brothers had just ripped off a huge amount of cash from an armored car.  The robbery itself went fine but back at their hideout they ran into a different problem.  No matter how they worked it, they couldn’t figure out a way to divide the cash fairly.
      Because of the way the hideout was set up, one of them had to keep watch at all times.  That meant that one of the brothers was on lookout while the other one counted out the money.  But neither one trusted the other to divide the stack of bills evenly.  And they were running out of time.
      Knowing about my work from one of their underworld friends, they had me delivered and asked my advice about the situation.  Could I come up with a solution to the dilemma?  While I certainly didn’t support their criminal activities, I could not very well ignore the obvious solution to the problem.
      Can you figure out what it was?


Nano Solution_____________________________________________

      “This is an easy one,” you say.  “You went down and counted the money for them!”
      “Easier than that!” Nano says, with a jaunty toss of his head.  “I simply told them to make a deal.   Let one brother count out the money into two piles, then let the other brother pick which pile he wanted.  Think about it!”

No comments:

Post a Comment