Circus Murderous


      Most people think of circus folks as a happy family of misfits but they have their own passions too, you know.  I learned this once when I was called in to investigate the murder of the Tattooed Man.  His body had been found inside the big top in the early morning hours but since they didn’t trust the cops, they arranged for me to help them out.
      By the time my technician set me up, all the sideshow people were standing around the body: the Bearded Lady, the Fat Man, the Fish Boy, the World’s Tallest Human, the Sword Swallower, and the Strong Man.  All of them.
      It was quite a scene as you can imagine, surrounded by some of the most unusual suspects you could ever expect to see.  At first they weren’t even sure that the man had been murdered because there were no visible signs of violence.  But after I studied his tattoo-covered body, I realized that someone had stabbed him right in the head of John the Baptist and that real blood was flowing from the picture.  It was no leaky tattoo.
      One of them had obviously attacked him as the others set up for the show but no one had seen it.  And worse, none of them were seen to be carrying any kind of weapon nor was one found anywhere.
      Of course, to an expert like myself, the lack of evidence is merely an inspiration and I easily figured out which one of them committed the crime.
      Do you know who it was?


Nano Solution_____________________________________________

      “My guess is that the Fat Man stuck a knife in the ground, then sat on the victim, plunging him into it!” you shout with great confidence.
      “That’s quite a guess,” Nano says, “I would make you my assistant if I didn’t think it would end my career.”
      “You mean it was someone else?”
      “Very much so.  It was the sword swallower who had simply hidden the knife in his throat.”

No comments:

Post a Comment