Nasty Stamps


      I don’t usually get involved in politics, but Senator Fullright was the only candidate who thought that thinking was a virtue.  So he had my vote.  And I also agreed to do some volunteer work for him.
      That’s how I ended up in his campaign headquarters directing some of the fund-raising activities.  But on that day all they were doing was stuffing and mailing envelopes with PR material in them.  The problem was that there was no water and the volunteers were facing a morning licking a thousand stamps to put on as many envelopes.  Tedious work, not mention unsavory, but that’s politics for you.
      Imagine how happy I was when this dumb little chore turned into a classic braintwiddler!
      Before we began, a call came in from one of the Senator’s rabid detractors.  To protest the rise of thinking, this lunatic had arranged to deliver a batch of poisoned stamps!  They weren’t deadly, just vile enough to make the licker sick and tired of the status quo.
      There was a panic in the office as everyone realized that the morning’s fund-raising efforts were doomed. 
      But I assured them that this was not the case at all.  There was a simple way around the problem.
      Do you know what it is?


Nano Solution_____________________________________________

      “I don’t suppose you had them coat their tongues with antidote first,” you guess.
      “You don’t suppose correctly!” Nano says with glee.   “What I told them to do was to lick the envelopes, not the stamps!”

No comments:

Post a Comment